encouraging partnerships

Information required

Auditors
Hello, we are seeking a new auditor and would be interested to know of any recommendations used by other small NGOs/CBOs or good places to advertise.
Ruth Ogier Hope for Children 10/01/2017 15:32

Replies:
Ian Sanderson 10/01/2017 20:42
If you email Nkamuhebwa Willy at aidts2005@yahoo.co.uk explaining what you need and ask for the contact details of Benon Katata. Benon may be able to do this for you. For more explanation email me on iansand12@gmail.com
Sally Robertson Admin 16/01/2017 17:29
We have also had the following names mentioned by our contacts, but we recommend that you carry out your own due diligence as per your procurement processes
1. Carr Stanyer Sims & Co
2. Kisaka & Company
3. PKF Uganda
4. Edes & Associates
5. http://www.quest.co.ug
Ian Sanderson 01/03/2017 16:47
My research in Uganda tells me that there is a standardised set of charges for professional Ugandan auditors. The latest fees list I have seen is for 2011 so i am looking for the latest one.
Sam Musoke Humentum 02/11/2017 09:13
I would also strongly recommend BRJ. (Robert Busuulwa is a UK trained Chartered Accountant ACA who returned to Uganda in the 2000s). They are the only firm I am aware of that have prepared financial statements in accordance with IFRS for SMEs and the Companion Guide for Not-for-profits issues by ACCA global and UK Charity Commmission in 2015.

They are a little more expensive than the others, but still cheaper than the KPMGs etc of this world. Worth it in my opinion. There are not standard charges for audit services any longer - it is market driven.
start of topic