encouraging partnerships

Information required

Looking for a good venue for a training workshop in November 2017
We are looking for a good venue for a week-long training workshop, preferably in the Jinja or Mukono area. Ideally we are looking for 10-20 single rooms, not noisy or in the centre of a town, reasonable cost per person for full board (under £40 per person). An environment conducive to learning (eg garden), good food and friendly service would be a real advantage. Any recommendations please?
Jane Betts Advantage Africa 18/07/2017 11:43

Replies:
Ian Sanderson 18/07/2017 20:25
A place I have stayed many times is the Travel Hotel in Jinja. It has a lot of single rooms and at a price which is within your budget. I have not seen their conference hall but they have one. I am presuming that you are holding this conference for Ugandans. It is not in a garden setting although it has an outside area with tables.

Another possibility is the Kingfisher Site on the edge of Lake Victoria where they have accommodation in round huts. That is a 'green' venue in pleasant surroundings. Not sure if they have 20 'single rooms'

What about using the Kolping Hotel in Kampala if you can put people in twin rooms. Cost per twin is 200,000 B & B, then add 25,000 for African buffet lunch and a similar allowance for evening meal. This would fit inside your budget and is a lovely venue.

If you want any further details to follow up these ideas then email me on office@afrinspire.org.uk. You should be able to find each of these venue in the web.

start of topic